Around Valentine’s Day, I found this bookmark pin, and I thought that there were a number of awesome crafty possibilities with this idea. Frog is an avid reader, and always has a couple of books that he’s working on. He also likes collecting bookmarks. I find lots of folded pieces of paper on his bedside table and in his pockets that say, “My bookmark: Do not touch!” or “I was here.” However, Frog doesn’t like girly things like hearts, so I decided to change things up a bit, and create a new version of the felt bookmark.
This is a super easy project. I used some graph paper to measure out my design and get an arrow that I liked. In fact, once I had a design that I liked, I drew a second one, just in case I made a mistake and damaged the pattern.
I cut the graph paper out, and attached it to a piece of poster board, and cut it out. I then cut out one of the pattern in red felt, as red is his favorite color. I pinned that one to a larger triangle of red felt, and stitched with my sewing machine around the tip of the arrow. (In the graph paper design, this is indicated by the dashed line.)
After the two pieces are stitched together, trim around the arrow. I just found that this improved the quality of the fit between the two sides of the bookmark. After I did this, I hand-stitched in silver metallic “Here,” and did a blanket stitch around the edge of the bookmark. It ended up looking like this.
I think we may be making a few more of these around here. It was a fun project that took under two hours to complete!
Sharing the bookmark at:
- Alderberry Hill: Make the Scene Monday
- Carolyn’s Homework: The Inspiration Board Link Party
- Chef In Training: Tuesday Talent Show
- Craft O Maniac: Craft O Maniac Monday
- Clean and Scentsible: The Creative Spark
- The DIY Dreamer: From Dreams to Reality
- DIY Home Sweet Home: The More the Merrier Monday
- Do Small Things with Love: An Oldie But Goodie Party
- Flamingo Toes: Think Pink Sunday
- Ginger Snap Crafts: Wow Me Wednesdays
- Home Stories A to Z: Tips and Tutorials Link Party
- I Heart Nap Time: Sundae Scoop Link Party
- I Should Be Mopping the Floor: Mop It Up Monday
- Keeping It Simple Crafts: Motivate Me Monday
- Life on Lakeshore Drive: Bouquet of Talent
- Lil Luna: Lil Luna Link Party
- My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia: Tuesday’s Treasures
- Nifty Thrifty Things: Nifty Thrifty Sunday
- Not Just a Housewife: Show Me What Ya Got
- Sew Can Do: Craftastic Monday
- The Scoop
- Skip to My Lou: Made by You Monday
- Sugar Bee Crafts: Take a Look Tuesday
- Twelve O Eight: Pretty Things Party
- Under the Table and Dreaming: The Sunday Showcase
- The Winthrop Chronicles: Share It Link Party