We are still on the hunt to find easy to cook recipes around here. Bedtime routines, sick kiddos, evening activities and work schedules can make coordinating a more elaborate meal a bit complicated. With the Little Peanut’s arrival, I feel even more squeezed for time. In the last couple of weeks, I have shared two quick and easy to prepare chicken dinners– Parmesan and Bacon Chicken and Baked Honey Chicken. Here is a third dish– Cheddar Crusted Baked Chicken. It can be made with just a few ingredients that I generally have on hand, notably cheddar cheese and boneless, skinless chicken. This is a slight variation to the Parmesan and Bacon recipe, but the flavor ends up being different, and equally delicious– if you like cheddar cheese.
- 1 Pound of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (I cut each breast in half.)
- 5-6 ounces of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Finely Grated Cheddar Cheese (I prefer to hand grate it to get the finely grated than is available when buying shredded cheese; however, that is personal preference.)
- 1/4 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (You can tinker with the proportions of crumbs if you have a personal preference for flavor or texture.)
- 1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup of Unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
Cut the chicken breasts into two medium sized pieces. Mix yogurt, seasoning salt, garlic powder and black pepper in bowl. Mix cheese and both types of bread crumbs in a second bowl. Coat chicken pieces in yogurt mixture, and then coat with cheese-bread crumb mixture. Put into a glass baking dish and top with the cubes of unsalted butter. Baked in an oven at 350 degree for between 30 to 40 minutes. (NB: If you do not cut the chicken in half, it may cook more slowly.)
That’s it! Add your sides, and you can go from refrigerator to table in under an hour! What are your favorite quick and easy dinners?