Well, besides Downton Abbey, you probably know that I love The Big Bang Theory. When Season 7 premiered, I got together with some wonderful bloggy friends to put together a collection of wonderful Big Bang Theory crafts. Well I had such a great time making the shirt, and I’ve enjoyed making several charm bracelets before, including one that is based on a movie that I got to thinking… I needed to make a Big Bang Theory Charm Bracelet. This is a very quick and easy craft to do, and all you need are some beads and charms that represent the Big Bang Theory.
To make this bracelet I found some very colorful glass beads at my local Michael’s (affiliate link). They reminded me of all of the bright colors in the outfits that the characters on The Big Bang Theory wear, and the circular spiral design seemed reminiscent of the show. What do you think?
I went ahead and looped the head pins onto all of the glass beads. I’ve gone in further detail about making these bracelets with head pins and how to make these loops with your pliers on previous posts, so I won’t repeat myself. I also gathered 11 charms that reminded me of aspects of the show. I opened and attached jump rings to each charm. I tried very hard to find one for each character, but I couldn’t seem to find a great one for Bernadette. Here are the charms I selected:
These Big Bang Theory charms represent:
- Leonard’s Glasses (I wish there was an inhaler charm!)
- A Lizard for “Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock”
- A Laptop for all of their computing games and geekery
- A Martini for Raj’s need to drink grasshoppers to speak to women (well, until the end of Season 6)
- A Flower for Penny’s Penny Blossoms.
- A train for Sheldon’s love of all things train related
- A take-out container for their continual eating of various take out foods each time (I could have used a pizza slice, but they seem to eat a lot of Chinese and Thai on The Big Bang Theory.)
- Howard’s Scooter
- A Teacup because Sheldon has explained that social convention stats that one always gives a sad or upset person a hot beverage to ease their distress
- A Tiara for Amy’s love of tiaras.
- A Kitty for the “Soft Kitty” song
I measured out a length of chain and then added a lobster clasp to one end of chain. Then, using jump rings, I attached all of the charms to the chain. I measured out the links of chain and put a charm in the middle, and then attempted to space the remaining charms evenly across the length of chain. I put the flower in the middle because it was the largest charm.
I then filled in the remaining links of chain with the glass beads until each link had one bead. If you want a really full bracelet, you could add more, but one bead/charm per chain link seems to work really well.
There you go! A cute Big Bang Theory Charm Bracelet representing my favorite geeky gang of scientists.
Now, I’ve just have to come up with a charm for Bernadette. Any ideas for additions to my Big Bang Theory Charm Bracelet?