I went to visit my mother-in-law in Florida in September, and she made this quick and easy Meatball Stroganoff for us. The Little Monkey loved it. Really loved it. In fact, I believe he ate two adult-sized portions. Since then, it has become the Little Monkey’s favorite meal, and I seem to be making it at least 3 times a month. I have the feeling that Mellow Man and the Big One are rather tired of eating it, but the Little Monkey eats whatever they don’t finish. He gobbles it up with a slurp and a smile. I thought that some other children and families might like to try out this easy go-to recipe.
- Package of Cocktail-sized meatballs. (I get the smaller ones, and I only add 10 to 12 for each recipe. If you like a lot of meat, add more.)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 10 ounce can of beef broth
- 3/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Pasta of your choice. (We use one that is easiest for the Little Monkey to pick up.)
First, you melt the butter in a deep skill, and make a roux with the flour and onion until the onion is browned and sauteed.
Once the onion and flour are blended and browned, add beef broth, black pepper, and paprika. Add meatballs, and allow sauce to thicken and simmer for 12 minutes.
Once the meatballs have cooked, and the sauce has thickened, add the Worcestershire sauce and sour cream, and blend thoroughly. Add to the pasta and enjoy.
Sharing this at:
- The Scoop
- That DIY Party at DIY Show Off
- Craft-O-Maniac Monday
- Life on Lakeshore Drive: Bouquet of Talent
- Sugar Bee Crafts: Take A Look Tuesday
- Create Link Inspire
- Twirl and Take a Bow
- Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts
- Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe
- The Inspiration Board at Carolyn’s Homework
- 52 Mantels: Thursdays are Your Days