I’ve spent many years making chocolate chip cookies for different events. A lot of school fundraisers and bake sales need chocolate chip cookies from parents. And I guess I got pretty good at making them because my herd of boys started requesting that I make my kind of chocolate chip cookies. I personally think that a solid chocolate chip cookie recipe is a mom staple because they are so easy to whip up, and are generally loved by everyone. There is much debate on what is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, but personally, I think that this recipe plus a few tricks leads to the creation of the world’s best chocolate chip cookie.
For efficiency and cost, I frequently was using the standard Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe. I can recite it by heart, and I know the cookies will turn out perfectly. For recent a school bake sale, I made all of the cookie dough the night before, and then baked them late in the afternoon so they would be warm at the start of the sale. They sold well, and I had the boys, including my father, sample them before I took them to the school. However, my boys all told me that they like “my other” recipe much better, so I have started sticking with that one. I first found a variant of the recipe at The Pint-Sized Baker. I was interested in the recipe as it has a lot more sugar than the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, and a lot of the sugar is brown sugar.
World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 2 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 sticks of Butter
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated (White) Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips (I just used one entire bag of Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels)
Mix and set aside Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt. Cream butter in electric mixer, and gradually add in Dark Brown and Granulated Sugar. Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Slowly add in the dry mixture, mixing continually with the electric mixer. Once flour mixture has been added and mixed thoroughly into dough, add in the chocolate chips by hand. Cover bowl with cookie dough and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour). I cooked them for nine and a half at 350 degrees, but that is a “know your own oven” issue (my oven always runs warm).
Tips to Make the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie
- I always, always, always use Silpat. It is a requirement for my baking. It is the best way that I know to make sure that your cookies transfer for the cookie sheet to the cooling rack perfectly.
- Take your cookies out before they are done. By that, I mean they can look a little soft in the center. Just remove them from the oven, and let them “cook” on the cookie sheet for another two minutes. That way they are never, ever overdone.
- Chill your dough in the fridge for 60 minutes before dropping it on the cookie sheet. This is an easy way to make sure that your cookies are round in shape. While a batch is in the oven, put your bowl back in the fridge.
- Use a cookie scoop and chilled dough, and your cookies will be perfectly and consistently sized circles.
The Mellow Man and the Big One reported that the best thing about this recipe was that fact that the cookies stayed ooey-gooey soft until they were all gobbled up, about two days later!